Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Esther Perez Carvajal Early Childhood Education Center



 I spent the better part of last Friday morning as Doc Ed, edu-taining the pre-k and kindergarteners at Esther Perez Carvajal Early Childhood Education Center on the westside of San Antonio.

It's a wonderful school right in the heart of a westside neighborhood catering to the needs of the youngest of students. The children that I had the pleasure of meeting that day were very enthusiastic, full of smiles and laughter and very well informed on water conservation thanks to the staff and faculty. 

I had one group of entirely Spanish-speaking children who were a joy to educate and entertain. I'm not a master of Spanish language so I was a little nervous. But thanks to a lot of rehearsing and a great audience, it went very well and the kids had fun. That group seemed to be the youngest of the three I had that day. 

I had such a fun time and I hope I can return there someday.

Below is a link to some interesting facts about the school's namesake.  


http://drtlibrary.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/san-antonio-high-school-class-of-1898/
 http://drtlibrary.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/sc00880_f0344_001wtmk.jpg
Esther Perez Carvajal. 1898.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...