Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Alamo City Rollergirls!






In 2009 I did a series of illustrations that were used as art for posters announcing bouts for the Alamo City Rollergirls , a flat track derby team here in San Antonio. I submitted the art and their layout artist did the rest. I don't know that person's name but his/her work is great. It goes to show how much commercial art is a team effort. It was a fun experience researching and drawing these comic book style images. I've posted my illustrations before but not alongside the poster art. I've also become more knowledgeable using Blogger so I thought I'd post a few extras.

The Alamo City Rollergirls also contribute to the community in a variety of ways including donating portions of their ticket sales to the non-profit group Girls,Inc. . The last bouts of the season are coming up with one here at home over at The Rollercade, a neat place in itself. I hope to do a few sketches out there for some future illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...