Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Morning at Rancho Ramirez


It's Saturday morning. The kids are in their pajamas watching cartoons. I've just finished washing a sink full of dishes and Pammy is making pancakes. I haven't combed my hair or put on shoes...yet. It's a casual morning and that's the way we like it here at Rancho Ramirez. If we didn't have to run a couple of errands today I'd stay in my jammies all day. There's always tomorrow.

Coker Elementary on the north side of town.

Doc Ed teaching the young'ns some history.

Dino Doc and a fifth grade volunteer do some mask work at Coker Elementary Friday morning.

Yesterday good ol' Doc Ed paid a visit to one hundred and fifty fifth graders at Coker Elementary School on the north side of town just off of highway 281. I'm always am little nervous about that grade level because they're at that critical age where they must be cool and aloof. Plus there's that pesky generational gap that oftentimes is more of a vast chasm. But thankfully, I must be doing something right because I haven't gotten that kind of response yet... but I still worry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...