Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

King Royal Brothers Circus





A number of years ago, 1992 to be exact, I did some ad and poster art for a locally owned one ring circus. The King Royal Brothers Circus had it's office on the far south side of town and it was a modest little place as I recall. They wanted a poster for their upcoming season that showed a clown, a showgirl and an elephant. The pay wasn't much but it was an interesting job so I took it. Pictured above is the ad art for it. Directly above it is the one of the posters I made for them. I'm not particularly proud of the work but it was good at the time and I learned a lot from working on them. Somewhere in this house id the second poster and if I find it you'll see it or maybe not. It's nothing to write home about either.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I purchased a vintage circus poster today so naturally I googled it to see what I could find out about it. Your blog is all that I found. I'm just curious if you have any other info on the King Royal Bros circus? The poster I purchased looks like it's from the 50's or 60's but really I have no idea. Anyway if you have any info that you could pass along I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hello Sara.

      I don't know too much about that circus other than what I posted. But it was performed under a tent with the usual variety of circus acts both animal and people. I'm not even sure if that circus is still in existence. I know some folks who might be able to shed some light on that show. I'll get back with whatever info they can provide as soon as possible.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...