Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Pammy's Hunk Wagon

Pammy, in 1989, pulling the massive circus wagon mightily across the arena floor for the Gunther Farewell Tour . You can see the tigers in the background too. Click on the image to magnify it.

Hello everyone,
Pam here to tell the story of the "Hunk Wagon". This wagon got it's name because one day the very talented female skater that stands on this float was sick. Backstage I pointed out the fact that it was just guys on the wagon that day. I was on the floor and they were on the wagon and one of the acrobats looked down at me and said " I am not wearing any underwear". The rest of the guys started laughing but he was dead serious! I blushed for the rest of the day. Also, on the very last show of the tour the chain came off the wagon and was dragging on the floor while the wagon was moving by itself...... now that's funny!!! I wish I would have thought of it!

Also I would pass the cats ( that was the next act which was by the late, great, Gunther Gebel Williams) and I had to pass this tiger every show and every time she would mark me!!! Yes I mean pee. My costume smelled awful. I would start to pass her and I'd yell "Don't do it! Don't pee on me!" If I didn't yell this she would really get me, but if I played my part then she would just do it a little. Weird. She knew... That wagon was more fun to pull. I had a great time and feel honored to have pulled a circus wagon. I was living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...